Ableton Wednesday, October 07, 2015
When you are starting a brand, you want to be everywhere your audience/customers are. Here are some key features about presenting your domain that you should not over look.
- Your name cannot be confusing or hard to spell - Try to own your name everywhere but if you can't create a variation of the name. Especially your domain. It is important that no matter what your name is, you don't have to explain the spelling, or add hyphenations, numbers, etc. that will add complications when trying to promote yourself.
- Your profile pic should match everywhere - Have the profile pic with your logo follow you everywhere. This is how people recognize you no matter what social media you use or if your handle is being used by someone else.
- Use only your favorite social media - It's great that you own your handle everywhere but sometimes, keeping up with your social media can be demanding and sucks up a whole lot of your time. There are programs and websites to help you manage it all and will help you post once and blast everywhere. But here is the question on that topic: Do you want someone to follow you everywhere or do you want them to follow you on only one media? Sometimes, when I follow people and they post the same thing everywhere, it can be annoying to follow that person if your notifications or email subscriptions are turned on. So if I'm going to get the same "news" everywhere, I might only follow them in my favorite media. At the same time, figure out which medias works best for you. And use them. I like to post something different in each of mine. This ensures, I can interact with everyone when I'm on the media of my choice.
- Links are most important and should all be working - If you have broken links, you lose. Check your pages/medias and make sure someone can navigate to your links with out a hiccup. Nothing screams, "I don't know what I'm doing" if something is not working on your site.
- Pictures and video are the life of the audience entertainment - People love pictures and video. They rule! But, the internet is blind to pictures and video. Your keywords and tagging are the most important factor of your digital goods becoming visible to the public and to all search engines. Use the words that you want people to find you with.
Thanks so much for reading my post! Leave a comment below. Let me know what you think.